TAGS NOW DUE: Heavy Trucks and Trailers are due by February 28, 2022. Please provide proof of insurance on the trucks or the towing vehicle for the trailers.
If the first half of Personal Property Taxes were not paid by December 20, 2021, they are due IN FULL with interest before any motor vehicle business can be processed. Payments can be made at the Treasurer's office, by mail, or left in the drop box on the west side of the Courthouse. If payments are made by mail or using the drop box, please call our office at 785-364-3791 for a current amount. Payments for second half real estate taxes may also be made on-line at https://www.kansas.gov/propertytax/
The Jackson County Courthouse will be CLOSED on Monday, January 17th, for observance of Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
The Treasurer's Office is responsible for:
- Property Tax Payments
- Vehicle Tags and Registrations
- Driver's License
Open during lunch hour.
Please note: All delinquent personal property taxes must be paid in the Treasurer's Office before any vehicle business can be completed, and in Kansas, no proof of insurance, no tag! It's the law!
- Affidavit of Relationship (TR-215) (PDF)
- Affidavit to a Fact/Bill of Sale (TR-12) (PDF)
- Application for Secured/Duplicate/Reissue Title (TR-720b) (PDF)
- Lien Release (TR-150) (PDF)
- Lienholder's Consent to Transfer Vehicle Ownership (TR-128) (PDF)
- Power of Attorney (TR-41) (PDF)
- Title and Registration Manual Application (TR-212A) (PDF)
- Disabled Placard/Plate Application (TR-159) (PDF)
- Self-Certification of Continued Eligibility for Disabled Parking Privileges (TR-159a) (PDF)
(For vehicles with liens or security interests)